03 February 2006

Apology & prayers

First, an apology: I do hope you can forgive my recent blog-posting sluggishness.

Below is part of an email I sent out to friends earlier in the week...

On 20th February I will be going on what is now called a Bishops' Advisory Panel. This may be more familiar to some of you as a Selection Conference, ABM or ACCM. The point is the same. This is a three-day residential conference when the Church of England examines candidates for training for the ordained ministry. Basically, it's kind of a big job interview for potential priests.

For me this will be the culmination of a few years' prayer, thought, conversations, interviews and a large chunk of my life as we decide whether God is calling me to be a priest in his Church. Obviously, this is quite a big deal (to me, at least).

I would therefore ask your prayers over the coming few weeks, and most especially during the conference itself (20-22 Feb). Pray especially that the Church and I can discern God's calling on my life and that I would have the faith to accept the outcome.

Pray also for the other candidates (there will probably be 16 of us); the "Advisors" (interviewers); my DDO (the person who prepares me) Jules; and Richard, my Bishop.

With my thanks and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home