04 February 2006

Fulham and other time zones

A friend of mine was in London last night, staying in Fulham.
"Yes, I'll come and have dinner with you." I said.

Never go to Fulham (well, at least not if you live in Camden and haven't a LOT of patience). It may pretend to be in London but, believe me, SW6 is a different time zone. It took me over an hour to get there by tube. However, we had a nice relaxed evening with a curry, some beers and the TV all of which was much needed. Then I had to make the return journey...

Highgate, on the other hand, I visited for the first time today. It is just a 20 minute bus ride away and is delightful. You could honestly believe you weren't in London. It has a quaint rural-esque feeling to it. I am going to go up that way again, having borrowed a parishioner's dog, and walk on Parliament Hill. (Going for a walk seems more valid if one has a mutt on a lead)

3 Comments:

Blogger RLS said...

It is ultimately my aim in life to move to Highgate - it will be a sign that I have finally achieved Middle-Classdom.

Px

9:36 am  
Blogger Peter D. Williams said...

Hi there mate!

It's Peter (from the King's Chaplaincy - fun times...)!

Just typing to say 'Hello' but also to ask you:

I'd like to link your blog onto onto mine, but was wondering whether it was OK or not to put your name on the link (or your first-name, or indeed, just the short-form of your first name)? Some people have a thing about putting their name on the net you see, and you haven't at all to my knowledge, so just to make sure!

I've put your blog on anyway, but I'd like to be able to put some personal signifier on, as it would fit in with the rest of the friendly links that I have!

Anyway, just making sure. Hope your doing really well!

Grace and peace be with you,

Peter
+ :)

3:18 pm  
Blogger Credo said...

Hi Peter,

I'm afraid I'd prefer it if you didn't use my "real" name on your blog. Those who know me and read this know exactly who I am, of course, but I would still prefer to be anonymous to the general public at this point in time. Sorry if this seems unnecessarily guarded.

Hope all is well with you.

Credo.

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home