11 February 2006

What to tell?

I haven't posted for a while. Not because nothing has happened. In fact, I've been rather busy, but as I review it all, little seems blog-worthy. A few dinners out, a few meetings at work, a restful day off... nothing remarkable.

I did, however, accompany my boss on his theatre chaplaincy round on Thursday night. He is chaplain to two of the major West end theatres, and chaplaincy, so far as I could gather, consists of hanging out backstage and drinking wine with famous (and semi-famous [and unknown]) actors and actresses. Not a bad deal at all!

We took a group round the National Gallery this morning, exploring the relationship between art and faith. This was particularly helpful for me because I tried out my Selection Conference presentation on art and prayer on them. They seemed to like it. Indeed, one of them said that if she were a selector she would recommend me on my presentation alone. What a sweetheart! If only it was so easy.

I'm preaching tomorrow. The gospel is the healing of the leper. I'm going to try preaching from bullet points rather than a full text for the first time. I'm fairly confident in what I'm going to say so it should turn out okay. Unfortunately, that means there won't be a text to post here. You're gutted, I'm sure.

I'm on retreat for some of next week. As you've become accustomed to doing, dear reader, don't expect much to go on here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Minister Scribe said...

The Church of Scribe offers 6 week quasi-theological classes that guarantee all who come shall be certified following the last of three installment payments :)

4:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, count me jealous on the theatre thing!! *growls*

And you'll be fine with the notes. Just remember, no one knows what you're going to say, its not like you've got a script to follow, no one's taking any cues from you. If you screw up, it's ok- just smile and keep talking in sentences! :D:D

5:05 pm  
Blogger Peter D. Williams said...

"I'd prefer it if you didn't use my "real" name on your blog. Those who know me and read this know exactly who I am, of course, but I would still prefer to be anonymous to the general public at this point in time. Sorry if this seems unnecessarily guarded."

No worries mate, that's why I checked!

God bless you, and Grace and peace be with you always,

Peter
+ :)

1:17 am  
Blogger RLS said...

Didn't know theatres had chaplains. What a great idea!

For art and prayer stuff, if you still want to run it past anyone you could try our chaplain, Andrew Norwood, who's done a lecture series called "Art and the Spirit".

I'm sure it'll be great!

Still praying
Px

6:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rich! Hope you had a good time on retreat, and that your selection conference is going well. It all sounds very scary, but I'm sure you're doing fine!

11:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home