06 October 2006

All change

Most of my small group of readers have probably stopped checking my blog as it is an absolute age since I updated it. I did have about four posts in draft but they never quite came to fruition.

That besides, things have changed a lot with me. I have moved and am differently employed now.

Having finished my job in London in July and moved back home (briefly) in August I had a very pleasant holiday in Istanbul, Turkey. A few weeks after that I moved to Cambridge to commence training for ordination at the august institution of Westcott House.

It is my hope to do an MPhil next year in the area of Spirituality and Doctrine, however for the moment I am enrolled on an MA in Pastoral Theology (see below). In terms of commitment the MA demands very little time of me and manages to fulfill most of the remaining requirements for ordination (happily, many of the academic requirements are met by the undergraduate degree I hold). This will give me the opportunity to audit some of the doctrine courses offered by the university and to begin reading/thinking/work for my MPhil.

Otherwise, I find myself in Cambridge very happily. Westcott is very full this year, about 70 students, I think, with c.40 in the first year. The house has a good atmosphere, people are congenial (sometimes even fun) and I am enjoying exploring Cambridge.

More updates will follow soon...

4 Comments:

Blogger Credo said...

Good to hear from you. What course is it you're on? I'll look out for you at Fed Worship next week.

11:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Sorry to hear that things aren't all they could be, but I'm sure they will improve soon. I would say 'hi' on MSN a lot more than I have been, but the connection is appalling and I keep missing things people say, so it seems safer to 'appear offline'. Good luck!

6:55 pm  
Blogger Credo said...

You misunderstand me. Things are great! Good to hear from you though.

9:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, well, that's OK then!

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home